Louisville Divorce Attorney
The Divorce Attorneys At Bowman Legal Are on Your Side
Going through a divorce is never easy. Not knowing what the future holds can be alarming, and you may be feeling intimidated by the family law legal process. You are not alone in this.
At Bowman Legal, we work hard to educate our clients on the process of divorce, staying by their side every step of the way. Our Louisville, KY divorce lawyer has the knowledge and experience for which you are looking. Our goal is to help you feel more confident in court.
Work With an Experienced Law Firm in Louisville You Can Feel Comfortable With. Call (502) 237-7881 or Contact Us Online!
What Types of Divorce Can I File For in Kentucky?
Kentucky is a no-fault state when it comes to divorce. This means that no one has to prove the reason for the divorce or who is to 'blame' for the dissolution.
This then leaves contested divorce and uncontested divorce. An uncontested divorce means that both parties agree on the details of the divorce such as child custody, child support, alimony, marital property, etc. They don't need further input or mediation from outside sources to finalize their separation. An uncontested case however means that the two parties involved can't agree on the finer details. Therefore the court will need to step in to finalize these details for them.
The decision to separate is a difficult one to make. Whether you are merely considering making this change, or if you have already separated from your spouse, it is recommended that you consult with a skilled family law attorney in Louisville. An attorney who is familiar with how divorces are handled in Kentucky, like ours, can help walk you through the process and help you put your best foot forward in Kentucky court.
We can handle all aspects of your family law case, including:
- Filing for divorce
- Spousal support and alimony
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Property division
Often, divorces are acrimonious and emotions are running high. With so much going on, it’s easy to overlook things.
We take a detail-oriented approach and leave no stone unturned. From helping you deal with shared debt and property division to providing mediation services as you work out spousal maintenance and child custody, we are there for you throughout the process. And should you have questions after your case is resolved, we are just a phone call away.
How Can A Divorce Lawyer In Louisville Help Me?
Your Kentucky divorce attorney will be able to help you with the following, and more:
- Filing for divorce: Going through a divorce can be overwhelming and it can be difficult to know where to start. A divorce lawyer will be able to guide you through the process of filing for divorce and navigating any legal complexities that may arise.
- Division of assets: Divorce lawyers are trained in property division laws and can help ensure that your assets are divided fairly during the divorce proceedings.
- Child custody: If children are involved in the divorce, a lawyer can help negotiate a satisfactory custody arrangement and represent your parental rights in court.
- Spousal support: An attorney can also advise on matters related to spousal support, including potential payments and financial arrangements post-divorce.
- Mediation: In some cases, a mediation lawyer can also act as a mediator to help both parties come to an agreement outside of court. This can save time and money in the long run.
Overall, having experienced Kentucky attorneys by your side can greatly benefit you during this trying time and give you peace of mind knowing that your legal rights are being represented.
Our Kentucky Professional Mediators Can Help
When you are going through a divorce or separation, it can be challenging to keep a clear head. Our attorney in Louisville, KY is a professional mediator and can help you resolve many issues outside of court.
When you hire us to handle your divorce case, you get all of our expertise and know-how at your fingertips. Our firm is founded on tenants of communication, empathy, and education. We take great pride in the strong relationships we have developed with our clients. We are here to help every client through the most challenging time in their lives. We can help you, too.